Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Narrations on StarShipSofa

Recently, I reported having done a lot of work lately on narrations for the StarShipSofa. Many of those stories haven't aired yet, but these are the ones that have:

Poetry by Ann K. Schwader - In Aural Delights Episodes #69 and #70 toward the beginning of the shows you can hear "Time Trapped" and "If Cold is a War" respectively.

Bruce Boston "People" poems - This is a small collection of 3 poems which are loosely related, entitled, Chess People, Marble People and Gargoyle People. On my suggestion Tony interspersed them throughout the show. I thought, since they have similar structures, listeners might get more out of them if they could hear them in one show. Normally Tony would have only included one per show. Feedback on the Forums was positive!

Aural Delights Episode #71

The good ship StarShipSofa undertook the massive task of publishing in audio all the Nebula Award Nominees in the Short form category. You can hear the one I narrated - "26 Monkeys, Also the Abyss" by Kij Johnson in Aural Delights #72 This is a nice story, and not so out there that folks who don't like Science Fiction or Fantasy much might actually enjoy. It's about 30 minutes long, so not a whole lot of investment!

Enjoy!

---------

4 comments:

eldritchhobbit said...

I've really enjoyed all of your readings. You made "26 Monkeys, Also the Abyss" for me!

Diane Severson said...

Why, thank you! I had a lot of fun doing that one.

Ms. Mona said...

I love the way you narrate poetry. It's not an easy thing to do.

Happy National Poetry Month!

Diane Severson said...

I didn't realize it's National Poetry Month!

And thank you for your kind comment. Yes, poetry is tricky to recite, but I sing a lot of poetry, so I try to think about singing it, with doing it in a sing-song-y way, if you know what I mean. I try to follow the sentence structure and not so much the structure of the poem, which I hope is a good way to do it. I think it makes it easier to understand, at any rate.

Thanks again!