Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Diane - Narrator!

I recently completed my first audio recording of a short story narration!

When I mentioned to Tony of StarShipSofa that I read aloud to my husband every night before we go to bed, he asked if I'd be interested in narrating a story for his short fiction series. I've always wanted to try my hand at this, but since he asked, I felt motivated to really do something about it. I had fooled around with Audacity software, a couple of months ago, when I was toying with the idea of doing a podcast (but I never could come up with an interesting theme), so I had that. We have a bluetooth headset I used when I chatted with MA on her podcast "Better Late Than Never" . So when Tony sent me a story to narrate, I did a sample. He wrote back and very politely said that the microphone was cr*p - but my reading was fantastic. I was pleased with his compliment, but what should I do about the mic? He suggested a couple and I did some research myself on what is available here in Germany and got hold of one very quickly. A couple of days later I had my first draft finished and sent to Tony. He gave me some feedback, which I incorporated and now I've submitted the finished product! I'm not sure when he's going to put it out into the ether, but I'll be sure to let you know!
Post a Comment